Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Was A Victim!!!

Hello, my name is Jennifer and I have been a victim of rape and sexual violence. It was December 1st, the coldest day I've ever been apart of in my life. I was walking home with some girlfriends of mine and we had just finished meeting up with some of our guy friends when it started to down pour. It was raining ice sickles it felt like. Sharp, sold and wet pieces of glass were coming down stricking us in the head and in our feet. We started to run to our dorm room but then I remembered I forgot something in the library where I had been earlier that day. I told my girls I that I would meet up with them. I walked quickly to the library because I didn't want to fall. There was a curious man standing outside the library when I entered it and I hoped someone was going to be in the library to help me if I needed it. I walked in got my things and left. The man standing outside was the first thing I looked for when I came outside, and he was no where to be found. I continued to walk because in my past I've been known to fall so I was taking it easy. Once I entered the sharp rain I felt a cold rush thourghout my body, I didn't know what to think or how to act. When I looked up I saw a man walking towards me, he was also looking down at his feet so I continued walking gingerly. When we had past eachother he immediatly turned around and grabbed me from behind, he covered my mouth and we went under a tree. Everything was flashing before my eyes, I didn't know what to think or how to act, what to say or what to do. I was in shock, complete shock!!! He tore my clothes off and started raping me, I screemed NO a couple times, but the rain, the wind, and the coldness kept my voice unheard. It was over for me I thought. For sure I was going to die after he finished I thought. My purness, my inocence was gone and taken from me. After he was done he left, left me there to fend for myself. I gathered my things and limped to my dorm room where I was greeted by some random girls who live on my floor, and then taken to the hospital were I spent the next couple days answering questions and telling my story of what happened over and over again to whoever needed the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment